Will be held in Pori, Finland.
Date: 17th – 19th August, 2018
Place: Pori, Finland
Venue of Championship: Sport Centre: 3 big fields Map.
Number of participants: Unlimited
Teams: 4-6 players (captain must be over 18 years old)
Fields: Games will be played on grit surface.
Public transport: Airport, train station and bus station are located in Pori
Restaurants: The tournament’s Restaurant Partners to be announced
Rules: Official IMO rules will be followed
A chance to visit the new and upgraded Mölkky factory.
More activities to be announced before the tournament.
You can start planning your trip to Finland now!
Distance to the playing fields
- Pori city centre: 1.8 km
- Supermarket: 1 km from the playing fields
- Swimming facility: 200 m
- Airport: 1.5 km
- Train & bus station: 1.1 km
Arriving in Pori
- Pori Bus and Train Station is in the city centre, and the airport is located a few kilometres from the city centre.
- Pori is located on the western coast of Finland, approx. 250 km from Helsinki. There are various ways to reach Pori: by train, bus and air.
- Helsinki (airport) 3 hours by car or bus, 4h by train, 35 mins by air
- Turku (airport) 2 hours by car or bus, 2:15 hours by train
- Tampere (airport) 1:30 by car or bus, 1:45 by train
- Lahti 3 hours by car or bus, 4:15 hours by train
- Mahlu 3 hours by car
- There are good train connections across Finland. When travelling to Pori by train you must usually use the train connection from Helsinki to Tampere where you change trains before arriving at Pori.
- For information on timetables and ticket prices, please visit the Finnish Railways (VR) website.
- There are train connections between Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Pori. You can take the train from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport (change trains at Tikkurila) that takes you straight to Pori with one possible further change at Tampere train station.
- There are regular direct bus connections between most of the larger cities (for example Helsinki, Turku and Tampere) and Pori every day. Please visit the Matkahuolto and Onnibus websites for timetables, tickets and more information.
- Bus connections from Helsinki (3-4h), Turku, Tampere (2h), Oulu, Jyväskylä (4-8h) and Rauma (1h).
- Take highway 2 from Helsinki (3,5 – 4 hours), highway 8 from Turku or from Vaasa (both about 2 hours), or road 11 from Tampere (about 1,5 hours).
- You can also travel to Finland by ferry from Sweden, Estonia and Germany. For more information on the ferries, visit the webpages below.
Tallink Silja Line
- Most international flights to Finland arrive at Helsinki-Vantaa airport. From Helsinki-Vantaa airport, there are domestic flight and bus connections to other Finnish cities. For more information, please visit Finavia’s webpage.
Taking the taxi in Pori
- In Pori, you can also use taxi as a transport. You can get a taxi from a taxi stand or order one by telephone – in Pori, the number of the taxi service is 0600 30033. The charges are based on a tariff and the distance driven by the taxi.
- Central Pori is comfortably small and relatively easily to explore by foot or bicycle. The most attractions are within a short walking distance from each other. Yyteri Beach (about 15 km away) can be reached with a bus.
More information regarding the World Championship Tournament will be sent later on!
If you want to hear all Mölkky news straight from the producer, Subscribe to Mölkky newsletter to get all firsthand information!